The Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP)
There are fellowships available for:
A new phase of Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP II) started on 1 July 2013. It promotes capacity building within organisations in 50 countries by providing training and education through fellowships for professionals. The NFP is initiated and fully funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the budget for development cooperation.
The overall aim of the NFP is to support alleviate qualitative and quantitative shortages of skilled manpower within a wide range of governmental, private and non-governmental organizations. This is by offering fellowships to mid-career professionals to improve the capacity of their employing organization. The need for training has to be evident within the context of an organization. This implicates that applicants have to be nominated by their employers. Applications without the support of employer are considered ineligible.
A new phase of the NFP (NFP II) started on 1 July 2013. This new phase leads to policy changes which have an impact on procedures and criteria. Please check www.nuffic.nl/nfp for detail information.
PhD Programme: Can be pursued at the listed Universities/Institutes. There are two deadlines for fellowship applications for the PhD Programme which is available on the website www.nuffic.nl/nfp
- Master Degree Courses:There are two fellowship application deadlines for courses starting in first quarter January/February and for the courses starting in third quarter August/September/October that can be obtained from the website: www.nuffic.nl/nfp
- Short Courses: Detailed information, new procedure, deadlines and application forms can be obtained from the website: www.nuffic.nl/nfp
- Refresher Course Alumni Activities: The NFP provides funds for refresher courses for NFP alumni, start up grants for Netherlands Alumni Associations (NAA) and grants to co-finance activities organized by the NAA. Detailed information can be obtained from the website www.nuffic.nl/nfp
- Tailor-Made Training Programme :The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) promotes capacity building by providing training and education for professionals. The NFP II is initiated and fully funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the budget for development cooperation. Nuffic (www.nuffic.nl) is responsible for the management of the NFP.
The Tailor-Made Training programme (TMT) is one of the modalities of the NFP. A tailor-made training course is designed to meet specific needs of a requesting organisation.
You can find more information and an overview of the criteria for TMT on the NUFFIC website (www.nuffic.nl/en/capacity-building/nfp/nfp-tailor-made-training)
Interested and eligible organisations are invited to participate in the TMT programme.
There are two options. For information on the differences between application and proposal, check the TMT information on the NUFFIC website (www.nuffic.nl/en/capacity-building/nfp/nfp-tailor-made-training) Application forms and proposal forms are available on the NUFFIC website (www.nuffic.nl/tmt/application)
How to submit
Applications and proposals have to be submitted to this consulate at email@example.com The next deadline for the NFP TMT programme of this embassy is 14-03-2014.
Unfortunately the budget for the TMT programme is limited. By consequence a limited number of applications and proposals can be subsidised.
NUFFIC is responsible for the assessment and selection, taking into account the recommendations of the embassy.
To be eligible to apply for NFP fellowship for PhD Studies; Master degree courses and Short courses one should first be admitted unconditionally to the course by directly applying to the Institutes/Universities listed under NFP. The list of universities and courses can be found on the website www.studyfinder.nl. When unconditional admission letter is received the applicant should apply online on the above mentioned website OR send a paper application to NUFFIC directly. NFP application should not be submitted at the embassies or consulates.
Fellowships for all the above mentioned PhD Programme, Master and Short courses are awarded in an International Competition Basis. This means all the applicants have to compete with the applicants from other 50 countries for the NFP fellowship.
There is NO AGE BAR under this Fellowship Programme.
E-learning program and courses have been added to the NFP course list. Please note that different allowances will apply for fellowship holders participating in these courses.
For detail information, list of universities/institutes, procedures and application forms please visit the website www.nuffic.nl/nfp and www.studyfinder.nl
- A candidate should be a national of and working in one of the developing countries on the NFP country list.
- A candidate should be admitted to one of the relevant course in one of the listed institutions/universities under NFP.
- A candidate should not be employed by a large industrial, commercial, international or multinational organization that can have sufficient resources of their own to finance training for their staff.
- A candidate must be a mid-career professional with minimum of three years work experience in the relevant field.
- A candidate must not have received a NFP fellowship for PhD program or Master course or two times short courses to apply for PhD Programme, Master courses and short course respectively.
For queries please contact the Fellowship Officer between 10: 00 to 12:00 a.m. and 14:00 to 15:00 p.m. Monday through Friday except on Tuesdays morning opening hours is 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. only