The Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP)
The Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) is a fellowship Programme initiated and fully funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the budget for Development Cooperation.
The overall aim of the NFP is to support alleviate qualitative and quantitative shortages of skilled manpower within a wide range of governmental, private and non-governmental organizations. This by offering fellowships to mid-career professionals to improve the capacity of their employing organization. The need for training has to be evident within the context of an organization. This implicates that applicants have to be nominated by their employers. Applications without the support of employer are considered ineligible.
From 1 January 2012, the modality of Tailor- Made Training has been included in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP). Please note that the Programme description and the description about procedures will become available on the NUFFIC www.nuffic.nl/tmt
1) http://www.youtube.com/user/studyinholland#p/c/DA507FEA0BC78D04/0/SLKAE-w3v9g (short)
There are fellowships available for:
- PhD Studies
- Master's degree Programme
- Short Courses
- Refresher Courses
- PhD Programme: Can be pursued at the listed Universities/Institutes. There are two deadlines for fellowship applications for the PhD Programme which is available on the website www.nuffic.nl/nfp
- Master Degree Courses: There are two fellowship application deadlines for courses starting in first quarter January/February and for the courses starting in third quarter August/September/October that can be obtained from the website: www.nuffic.nl/nfp
- Short Courses: Detailed information, new procedure, deadlines and application forms can be obtained from the website: www.nuffic.nl/nfp
- Fellowships for NFP Alumni Activities: The NFP provides funds for refresher courses for NFP alumni, start up grants for Netherlands Alumni Associations (NAA) and grants to co-finance activities organized by the NAA. Detailed information can be obtained from the website www.nuffic.nl/nfp
- Tailor-Made Training Programme :The NFP Tailor Made Training (TMT) programme is geared towards enhancing the overall performance of organizations in 62 countries by training a selected group of its staff members. A tailor-made training is designed to meet specific needs identified by the requesting organization.
The TMT Programme is open to a wide range of organizations, from education institutions, research institutes and ministries to NGOs and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) For detailed information please visit the website: www.nuffic.nl/tmt
To be eligible to apply for NFP fellowship for PhD Studies; Master degree courses and Short courses one should first be admitted unconditionally to the course by directly applying to the Institutes/Universities listed under NFP. The list of universities and courses can be found on the website www.studyfinder.nl. When unconditional admission letter is received the applicant should apply online on the above mentioned website OR send a paper application to NUFFIC directly. With the new change NFP application should not be submitted at the embassies or consulates except for few countries.
Fellowships for all the above mentioned PhD Programme, Master and Short courses are awarded in an International Competition Basis. This means all the applicants have to compete with the applicants from other 62 countries for the NFP fellowship.
There is NO AGE BAR under this Fellowship Programme.
50% of the available fellowships would be awarded to female candidates and 50% would be spent on candidates from sub-Saharan African countries. Apart from this priority is given to the candidates from priority groups or from marginalized regions to be defined by the embassies.
E-learning program and courses have been added to the NFP course list. Please note that different allowances will apply for fellowship holders participating in these courses.
For detail information, list of universities/institutes, procedures and application forms please visit the website www.nuffic.nl/nfp, www.studyfinder.nl
- A candidate should be a national of and working in one of the developing countries on the NFP country list.
- A candidate should be admitted to one of the relevant course in one of the listed institutions/universities under NFP.
- A candidate should not be employed by a large industrial, commercial, international or multinational organization that can have sufficient resources of their own to finance training for their staff.
- A candidate must be a mid-career professional with minimum of three years work experience in the relevant field.
- A candidate must not have received a NFP fellowship for PhD program or Master course or two times short courses to apply for PhD Programme, Master courses and short course respectively.
For queries please contact the Fellowship Officer between 10: 00 to 12:00 a.m. and 14:00 to 15:00 p.m. Monday through Friday except on Tuesdays morning opening hours is 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. only.
Other Scholarship possibilities
Scholarship opportunities to study at Tilburg University/University of Twente, the Netherlands!
Tilburg University and the University of Twente in the Netherlands participate in an Erasmus Mundus Action 2-region Asia. This is a co-operation and mobility scheme in the area of higher education co-operation launched by European Union. The action includes a mobility scheme addressing students and academic exchanges. More information about the scholarships, partners, academic fields and requirements can be found at the website of our consortium: www.emasiaregional.eu